Hey Gus,
Thanks! I just went and ordered the Runaways CD
and since I was there also the GirlSchool Singles collection CD.
[img]biggrin.gif[/img]
The Runaways Japanese Singles Collection
cdmred358
This collection brings all the band's Japanese singles for the first time together on CD. The Runaways enjoyed huge success across Europe and Japan. With the band's various line ups, Cherie Currie, Joan Jett, Sandy West, Lita Ford, Jackie Fox, etc. enjoyed a high profile through their singles releases and their exceptional live shows.
This CD features all the band's highly collectable Japanese picture cover single sleeves, lyrics, discography and sleeve notes. The CD features 2 bonus tracks, the UK single "Right Now" and it's b-side "Black Leather". This was to be the band's last single release. The Runaways were formed in L.A. and guided by Kim Fowley.
At the time of formation, the band members aged 16-17 years old and soon went on to sign a record deal with Mercury Records.
Cherry Bomb / Blackmail / Neon Angels On The Road To Ruin / Queens Of Noise / Secrets / Rock?n?Roll / All Right You Guys / Blackmail / Little Sister / School Days / Mama Weer All Crazee Now / Eight Days A Week / Bonus UK only single; / Right Now / Black Leather
Here is a link to Cherry Red Records' Runaways page:
http://www.cherryred.co.uk/cherryred...s/runaways.php
I don't know about ya'all but I'm sending for this CD a.s.a.p.
If not sooner!
[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
Gus
Hey Gus,
Thanks! I just went and ordered the Runaways CD
and since I was there also the GirlSchool Singles collection CD.
[img]biggrin.gif[/img]
I just ordered now.
Ya-hooooooooooo [img]cool.gif[/img]
I'm glad you both ordered the CD. I plan to, real soon. Did you hear anything about it being delayed till June?
Not sure if what I heard, elsewhere, is true or not.
Can't wait to get this Runaways gem,
for sure!
[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
Gu
I'm hearing that it's being delayed, but not reading it anywhere. I am now told that the cd coming from the UK is on-time but I can't confirm it. I ordered 1 from the UK and 1 from the US
We'll see, it might be a waiting game!
[img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]
Ya-hooooooo I just received the UK cd and I love it. I will post more on it soon.
[img]cool.gif[/img]
Someone on Joan's board had this to say about the Japanese Singles Collection!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Can't wait to get mine!It's nice to have all of the singles on one CD.... Kinda lets you know what they were promoting over there. The mastering is flawless and the packaging is great! The 45 sleeves are included for reference. A LOT of fun! I bought ALL of the Cherry Red reissues and they are all remastered to impeccable standards. The separation is amazing and on some, you can even her the studio countdowns (1....2....3....rock) WELL worth the money if you are a Runaways fan. The packaging is also amazing on ALL of the reissues!
[img]cool.gif[/img]
OS
It'z all true. WE have all the re-issues too and now this one that was just released. [img]cool.gif[/img]
Have a great Holiday CCpeepz
[img]wink.gif[/img]
Hugzzz and wet sloppy [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img] zzz
The [img]graemlins/party.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl.gif[/img] zzz
I read about this and plan to order this in a week from CdUniverse.
Question: and this may be a sticky item but does any of the girls get any royalties from any of the Cherry Red reissues? I just want to make sure some of the money I popped down lands in there hands.
Best
Cherry Red and other companies must license from Universal-Universal pays the band.
They also get $ via BMI/ASCAP/and BMG
Bootlegs pay nothing.
Hawk
Bookmarks